signotec signoSign/Universal Signature Application
Signature Application signotec signoSign/Universal
signoSign/Universal is a web-based product which serves for the integration of an electronic signature within a workflow without media discontinuity.
The special feature of signoSign/Universal is that it can be used both stationary with signature pads (e.g. at PC workstations) and on mobile devices.
The software works with all common browsers, such as Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. For the use of a signature pad only the installation of the signotec WebSocket Pad server is necessary.
As iOS or Android users, the proven signature apps are also available. These offer extended functions, such as "Open with" functionality, camera access, GPS coordinates and pen input.
Please note that the software needs to licensed and is therefore not free of charge. More information about the download can be found here.
Flexibility and Integration Possibilities are a Top Priority
signoSign/Universal is a web application for displaying, editing and signing PDF documents and can be used flexibly from any end device. Apps and a small web application are available for simple applications. For more complex use cases, the application can be seamlessly integrated.
- Electronic signature according to ISO standard with incremental insertion of individual signatures
- Support of common PDF formats and conformities
- Platform independent web solution
- Executable on all HTML5-capable devices
- Automatic and dynamic recognition of signature positions for each document
- Fill in and save PDF forms
- Function for sharing with external users (remote signature)
- Individual certificate management for signature and encryption
- Browser and app usage support
In addition, the software offers many functions and application possibilities (more on this in the other tabs).
signoSign/Universal offers a variety of features for users and developers. Depending on usage and integration, different features may be available.
- Generation of an advanced or qualified electronic signature according to eIDAS requirements
- Support for mandatory and optional form and signature fields
- Optical highlighting of optional and mandatory fields
- Support of all common form field types and signature fields
- Certificate management on the server (not within the potentially insecure and/or unknown device)
- Automatic verification of document integrity when opening a document
- Support of mobile devices and signotec signature pads
- Easy navigation through the document
- Filling out form fields
- Add signature fields
- Sign signature fields
- Inserting handwritten notes
- Share Document (Create Sharing Case)
- Print document
- Export document
- Save document
- Configurable user interface: Show/hide functions
- Add signature fields programmatically
- Control signature fields programmatically: show/hide, define sequence
- Fill out form field checkboxes using a signature pad
- Automatic start of signature process, starting with any signature field
- Automatic storage, flexibly configurable
- Individual message/error messages for the user
- Split document programmatically (create/manage sharing cases)
- Information when saving: How many signature fields are available and signed, separated between mandatory and optional fields
- Certificate administration
signoSign/Universal can be used flexibly in the browser (desktop and mobile) as well as with the mobile, native apps for Apple iOS and Android. The use of the apps is optional, e.g. to benefit from the "share" or "open with" function of the app.
The signotec "document pool" is an additional web application that is delivered with signoSign/Universal and can be used optionally.
The application is used for simple document management in the browser or via the mobile apps.
Documents and templates can be saved in the web application so that they can be called up from any end device at any time and changes can be made or signatures entered.
In addition, documents can easily be released for further persons via the "Share" function using a link for editing and signing ("Remote Signature").
- Simple document management
- Templates for Recurring Forms
- Retrieval from any device
- Flexible use in the browser or via apps
- Document sharing via link
- Management of released documents
Due to the used web technologies and the platform independence of signoSign/Universal, the product offers not only possibilities for stationary or mobile signing, but also the sharing of documents with external signers.
Using the "Sharing Case" function of the application, documents can be forwarded to persons via a link so that the document can be opened and edited by the person.
In this way, documents can be sent from the office, for example, to customers who are not currently on-site. This completely eliminates the need to send the document in paper format or sign it on site.
signoSign/Universal consists of a front end, which is displayed to the user in a browser or one of the signoSign/Universal apps on the client, and a back end, in which the documents are processed on a Java server. Depending on the integration scenario, the backend accesses a persistence in the form of a database, a persistence provided by the integrator via a plug-in interface or data stored in the session. Both the database and the data stored in the session can be accessed via a REST web service. H2 is supplied as a configured database. Depending on the application scenario, it is recommended to configure a different database in productive environments. If you integrate your own persistence or save the data exclusively in the session, no database is required.
signoSign/Universal can therefore be integrated into existing processes in different ways. The type selected depends on the requirements and the underlying technology of the existing customer system. Basically, the same workflow is always followed:
- Upload of a document to signoSign/Universal.
- Configure the document and the viewer.
- Open the document to edit and sign it.
- Download the completed document.
Note: In the case of integration, the signoSign/Universal server is always operated on-premise by the customer or integrator himself in order to be able to fully use and control all functions.
signoSign/Universal is a Java-based server application and can be operated both under Windows and Linux. The required server performance depends strongly on the load. To use signotec signature pads, the "signotec WebSocket Pad Server" is additionally required on the client.
If you run signoSign/Universal on your own systems "on premise", there are some requirements for the system environment:
signoSign/Universal is developed against Servlet specification 3.0 and requires at least Java 7.
- Servlet Container (bspw. Tomcat)
- Application Server (bspw. WildFly)
The hardware requirements of the signoSign/Universal Server scale with the load. The load of the server strongly depends on the number of concurrent users, the complexity of the documents and the lengths of the keys used. The server is primarily used for rendering and signing. We recommend (without obligation) Intel Xeon server processors with min. 4 cores and 8 GB RAM.
Compatible signature devices
- All signotec signature pads are supported. (WebSocket Pad Server required)
- Input via Windows Tablet-PCs and Convertibles is supported
- All common smartphones and tablets (Apple iOS and Android) are supported.
Scope of Delivery
- Web application "signoSign/Universal"
- Web application "Document Pool"
- License information
- Installation manual
- User manual
- Technical Documentation
The delivery is exclusively digital. We do not ship CDs or license certificates.
In principle, signoSign/Universal must be licensed differently depending on the integration and usage scenario. However, before you purchase the licenses, you can test and integrate signoSign/Universal without obligation.
Our sales team will be happy to assist you at any time.
You can also find a live demo of the signoSign/Universal PDF Viewer directly on our website. You can either open an example form or upload your own PDF.
Scope of Functions of signoSign/Universal
As a platform-independent system, signoSign/Universal offers numerous application areas and corresponding number of functions. These can be used flexibly in a wide range of applications, both mobile and stationary.
(1) - Viewer
signoSign/Universal is basically a PDF viewer for editing and signing PDF documents. The viewer is web-based and can be operated from all HTML5-compatible end devices. In addition to signature capture, functions for filling out PDF forms and handwritten notes are also available.
(2) - Apps
The application can be used via mobile apps to access documents. The use of the apps is very easy, because any PDF document can be opened easily by using the "Open with..." function of Android or Apple iOS. This works from almost any app, e.g. an email attachment, a cloud storage or other apps.
(3) - Browser
In addition to using mobile end devices, signoSign/Universal can also be used in the browser on stationary PCs with signature pads or Windows Tablet PCs. This option offers the greatest possible flexibility in the fields of application, because stationary and mobile users can be covered with a single application. This positive effect is further enhanced by integration.
(4) - Integration
In order to integrate signoSign/Universal absolutely and as deeply as possible into existing processes, various programming interfaces are available. The signoSign/Universal functions can be flexibly integrated into almost any existing application via web service (REST/SOAP), a Java interface or app integration (Intent/X-Callback).
Norms and Standards of signoSign/Universal
signoSign/Universal was developed taking into account and complying with various technical and industry-specific standards in order to offer the greatest possible compatibility and investment security.
- Support for all common PDF documents that comply with the PDF standard. PDF/A conformity is also supported.
- Signed according to ISO Standard 19005-1:2005 and ISO 32000-1:2008
- Signed documents can be checked at any time, anywhere and by anyone without any technical effort.
- The biometrics can be extracted from the document according to "ISO/IEC 19794-7: Biometric data interchange formats - Part 7: Signature/Sign Time Series Data".
- Advanced or qualified electronic signature according to EU-wide eIDAS regulation as well as trust service law (VDG)
- BiPRO Standard 262: The standard defines the procedure for providing signatures in business processes of the insurance industry in which documents with the need to make a declaration of intent are used.