- Signature capture pads
- Pen Display
- Signature software
- Electronic signature
- Accessories and spare parts
signotec Kappa - Signature Pad with Fingerprint Sensor
Use signotec Kappa for precise capture of a handwritten signature and a fingerprint - perfect for a secure process at your point-of-sale (POS).
The signotec Kappa is a hybrid device developed by signotec, consisting of a signature pad and a fingerprint sensor. It is particularly compact with its external dimensions of 175 x 194 x 30 mm and sets new standards in terms of hybrid functionality.
The signotec Kappa uses the same sensor as the signotec Sigma, so you can capture even large signatures without getting to the limit of the sensor. This is essential for a realistic capturing of the signature. In addition, extensive text information can be displayed.
The additionally integrated fingerprint sensor of the established manufacturer Futronic can be controlled separately and enables a high-resolution capture of fingerprints.
Despite the combination of two devices, only a single USB port is needed.
- Combination of signature pad and fingerprint sensor
- High-resolution Futronic fingerprint sensor with infrared LED
- Separate integration of signature pad and fingerprint sensor
- Only one USB connection needed
- Large 10.5 cm (4 ") mono display
- Special foil surface for a precise pen input
- Pen with special, resilient pen tip
- 1.024 pressure levels
- 500 Hz sampling rate
- Maximum security through unique security features and RSA encryption
Software & Integration
The signature pad can be integrated and used with all signotec software products and APIs.
The Futronic Fingerprint Sensor offers its own API to use its functionalities. More information on the integration and compatibility of the fingerprint sensor can be found directly from the manufacturer Futronic: http://www.futronic-tech.com/product_sdk_win.html
Note: To use the fingerprint sensor, you need a software that has integrated the Futronic interface. signotec does not offer a standardized solution.
10,5 cm (4") Mono-LCD, optional with LED backlight
320 x 160 pixels
Pen with special, resilient pen tip (changeable)
Special foil surface for RTP sensors
|approx. 1 Million Signatures|
500 Hz, 4D Samples (x, y, z, t)
Active Signing Area
|92 x 45 mm|
4.096 x 4.096 px. absolute ≙ 2.214 x 1.130 ppi
|FS80 / FS81|
Scanning Window Size
16 x 24 mm
480 x 320 pixels, 500 dpi
AES- and RSA-Encryption
Real-time display of the signature without usable biometrics
RSA signature creation device inside the pad
|SHA-256 und SHA-512|
USB (approx. 2,0 meters cable length)
Yes, with optional signotec USB-Ethernet-Adaptor
Terminal Server / Citrix
Yes, optional with hardware FTDI chip or signotec vCOM driver
Citrix Virtual Channel
Yes, optional with signotec Virtual Channel driver
Dimensions (W x D x H)
194 x 175 x 30 mm
Yes, you can configure one standby image inside the pad
The signotec signature pads have the highest security mechanisms* available. This allows a complete chain of evidence in dispute. Depending on the integration, different techniques are used:
- PDF documents** can be signed inside the pad and not in the insecure environment of the PC.
- The biometric data of the signature can be RSA-encrypted inside the pad using a public key.
- RSA-signature of the displayed content and signature.
- Upon delivery, each pad has a separate and unique RSA certificate for signing.
- Storing of custom RSA-certificates inside the pad.
- The pad can generate a RSA certificate.
- Supported schemes are RSA PKCS # 1 v1.5 (with or without the hash OID), PKCS # 1 v2.1
- Certificates can be certified by a Root Authority
- Supported hash algorithms are SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512.
For details please refer to the documentation.
* The security features only refer to the signature capture via signotec signature pads. Other functionalities of hybrid devices (eg NFC or fingerprint) may have deviating security standards.
** One of our paid signature applications is required to sign PDF documents. For Windows we recommend our software "signoSign/2".