Software Maintenance (AMS)
Software maintenance, also known as AMS (Annual Maintenance Subscription), is an annual software maintenance and support subscription.
Why is a software maintenance contract worthwile?
Many software products today are only offered as subscriptions or include annual costs for regular services.
But why are updates and support needed at all, when everything works well?
Just as the underlying IT infrastructure is changing faster and faster, so is our software evolving and improving. In addition to general new features, technical, legal and industry standards are implemented.
The manifold communication with our customers results in many suggestions, which make our products a powerful tool for every user to digitize and automate everyday processes.
Software maintenance therefore means that you can always work with the latest version of the software and are thus technologically and legally up to date.
What services are included?
A software maintenance contract is a sensible investment to always be up-to-date and to receive privileged service and support.
Owners of an AMS are entitled to all smaller and larger product releases or versions and thus receive free updates and major upgrades. Typically signotec provides one to two large product releases as well as several smaller updates per year.
- Free, permanent updates with new functions
- Free updates with important improvements
- Security that the software is regularly further developed and maintained
- Investment security through absolutely calculable software costs and savings compared to irregular updates
Service and support
If the product does not comply with the documentation or you have questions about the product, our technical support team will help you first. Support by mail, remote maintenance and phone is free of charge. If there is an error, signotec will work out a fix and provide the update as part of the next product cycle. Provided that the error can be reproduced. In many cases signotec can also provide an intermediate release before the actual update.
- Free, privileged service and support
- Free remote maintenance - simple and safe
- Investment security through calculable service and support costs
How can a software maintenance contract be concluded?
A software maintenance contract can be concluded for all signotec software products.
Basically, there are several options:
- Software maintenance is completed immediately upon purchase of the licenses.
- Software maintenance is completed within 30 days of the purchase of the software. (The date will be backdated to the original date of purchase.)
- The software maintenance is newly completed in the course of a chargeable upgrade of existing licenses.