From the local authority to the Ministry of the Interior: signotec signature pads and software solutions for secure electronic signatures are already being used successfully in numerous public authorities. In addition to great acceptance by citizens, administrations benefit not only from the high paper savings, but also from greater efficiency.
Application in the Citizen's Office
signotec is one of the few selected companies whose products are recommended by the Bundesdruckerei for digital application procedures (DIGANT). Among other things, the pads can be used for the creation of ID cards, passports as well as e-passports and e-passport applications in the digital application procedure.
From the residents' registration office to the vehicle registration office, the fields of application are diverse:
- Identity card application
- Passport application
- Driving licence application
- Registration and deregistration of residences
- Registration, deregistration and re-registration of vehicles
- Waste management: Signature of weighing slips
- Other documents requiring signatures
The following signotec devices have been tested and approved in the DIGANT procedure:
- signotec Sigma
- signotec Omega
- signotec Gamma
- signotec Delta (Signature pad)
- signotec Delta Pen-Display (Monitor extension)
- signotec Epsilon (Touch) Pen-Display (Monitor extension)
The current test protocols can be found on Bundesdruckerei's support portal.
In addition to the "classic" use cases in the citizens' office, the hardware and software solutions from signotec can also be used to optimise internal processes.
Such use cases include e.g.:
- Approval processes
- Document workflows
- Purchase orders
- Contract signings
- and much more
Basically, the signature solutions can be used anywhere you need traditional signatures today.
The advantages of electronic signature processes in public authorities without media discontinuity are numerous. These include in particular:
- Automatic entry in the application forms
- Legal certainty: The usability has been found by an authorised handwriting expert to be better than original signatures on paper
- Avoidance of costly media disruptions
- Faster workflow for the entire administrative area
- Documents are archived automatically
- Every document can be digitally represented and thus signed
- More secure and cost-effective than paper documents
- Convenient handling for citizens and administration
signotec works and cooperates with many renowned software partners from the public sector, e.g. HSH Soft- und Hardware Vertriebs GmbH (MESO Classic, VOIS|MESO), AKDB Bayern (OK.Ewo, OK.Verkehr), Kommunix GmbH, Telecomputer GmbH, Komm.ONE and many more.
Read here how our products are used in the administrative district of Leer, the district office of Bodenseekreis, the city library of Bochum or the association municipality of Ransbach-Baumbach. The Zweckverband Elektronische Verwaltung in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (eGo-MV) also recommends signotec solutions to its affiliated municipalities.
A report on the diverse application possibilities was published in the municipal trade magazine Kommune 21.
Here you can see a small selection of our references from the local authority sector. You can find a detailed overview of our references from other areas here.